- Very thinly sliced flank steak (You can ask your butcher to slice it paper thin for best results)
- Rice noodles
- 3 tbsp Beef Base (I prefer Better than Bullion)
- 8 cups Water
- Red peppers
- Shredded Red Cabbage
- Coarsely chopped Cilantro
- chopped green onions
- Carrot match sticks
- Minced Garlic (5 cloves)
- Minced Ginger (1″ piece)
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- 1 Thinly sliced jalapeño pepper. (Keep seeds for more flavor. Remove seeds if you prefer your mouth not to catch fire) 🙂
- Bring the water and beef base to a simmer. Add garlic, jalapeño and ginger.
- Add rice noodles and cook until al dente.
- Add cabbage, peppers, cucumber, and carrot. Cook until they just begin to soften.
- Divide broth and noodles between 4 bowls.
- Add the raw thinly sliced beef into the broth right away. (Don’t let the broth cool or you’ll be eating raw meat. Don’t leave it there too long or it will be overly cooked)
- Arrange the vegetables on top.
- Sprinkle with green onions and chopped cilantro and serve.
The Latest Book
The Soulmate Edition
Oct 20, 2017
Babies & Brownies
The latest from my kitchen
Hot German Potato Salad
Berbere Spice Mix
Balsamic Roasted Veggies
Search the Site